Most of us grew up with the fat is bad mentality, it is true there is bad fat, there is also good fat and those good fats are your heart and body’s best friend! Bad fats are any refined fats or unnatural fats. For example, processed vegetable oils like corn oil, that is a bad fat!
The good fats help your brain function and allow you to perform at a higher level.
Good fats include:
1. Organic Whole Eggs – Whole eggs contain about 6 grams of high-quality protein and are rich in vitamins, including A, E, and K, B vitamins, such as B12, riboflavin, and folic acid. Eggs also contain all eight essential amino acids needed for optimal muscle recovery and for building valuable minerals like calcium, zinc, and iron.
2. Walnuts & Almonds – walnuts contain vitamin E, folate and antioxidants. Almonds are loaded with antioxidants.
3. Avocados – this delicious fruit is loaded with Vitamin K, C, B and E. They are full of fiber and can help reduce inflammation.
4. Salmon – Full of Omega 3s, this fatty fish reduces inflammation and can help lower the risk of heart disease and cancer. Stay away from farm raised and go with wild caught fish.
5. Coconut Oil – this is one of our favorites, coconut is a superfold, full of lauric acid.
6. Full fat milk – we are not big on dairy, but if you drink milk, make it whole fat milk. Go one step further and make it raw milk whenever possible.
7. Olive Oil – great for salads, not great for cooking, olive oil can reduce the risk of coronary disease and help prevent certain cancers.
Don’t be afraid of fat! Make good fats part of your healthy diet!